sábado, 18 de junio de 2011

The sunseting of one day and the beganing of another

The last couple of days I went to Matt and Brooke's house, and I helped with one of the booklits for the kids club. Then me Justine and the kids watched two episiods of little house on the prairie, and had some lunch using this really good bread for are sandwiches. After that we headed back to the apartment, and later on was bible study with the kids. We played blog tag with the kids. It's when you tag someone, and once you do, you grab hands with one another and form a link. After that there was a time of worship with the kids. The kids where pretty talkitive so we kept on having to tell them to be quiet which is "silenco", which means to be silent, so I got to know this word pretty well because of it. One of the girls Jessica drew me a picture which made me very happy knowing that I'm connecting with some of the kids. Because sometimes I will get discouraged, because I feel like I'm not connecting with the kids because of the language barrier, but it is those little things that the kids do that makes you realize that you are connecting with them. Later there where different groups of kids divided by age. And they where playing this game where they had to eat different things and which ever team finished first won. The team that won would win suckers. yesterday morning I was reading in a devsional and it was Psalm 3:3 "But thou, O Lord are a shield for me the glory and the lifter of mine head". Which was really encouraging because I was just reading Psalm 3 last night so it was God reminding me of that verse. That God is my shield and exceedingly great reward, and he is the lifter of my head. Yesterday I went and finished the booklet for the kids program. Then later on, I got to call home and talk to my family it made me happy hearing their voices. Because lately I have been missing them. Then to make the night even better Matt and Brooke took us to one of their favorite out look places which had a nice view, you could see the ocean. Then went to the ocean, I waded around in the water for a while then Isabelle and Audrey...Matt, and Brooke's two daughters came in and I was playing with them in the water than before I knew it, I was completely wet! O well I wasn't expecting to stay to dry for long any ways. We stayed at the beach to watch the sunset it was so beautiful it's one of my favorite things to do, I just think it is so neat how no sunset is the same, and how each sunset is like a painting in the sky. After that we went out to dinner and got Pizza they ordered a cheese-less Hawiian pizza for me, which was so nice of them and it was very yummy. This made for a wounderful night and cheered me up.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario